An ambition-driven sales staff is the foundation of every business; they tend to support your business structure by providing the most essential service of marketing your business to your potential customers. A motivated sales team forms the core of any business as they drive your company with their incomparable strategies to attract clientele and build a network. This not only benefits your company by individual sales but it also assists to improve the overall reputation of your business and stimulates further growth. Recognizing the significance of an efficient sales team, sales managers should ensure that their sales department is well taken care of in order for them to perform their best.
Qualities required in a sales person
As a business owner, you have to ensure that you appoint a dedicated sales manager to supervise the staff and improvise sales by implementing marketing strategies along with providing constant motivation to the team members. Providing attractive incentives to your sales force definitely helps to achieve the desired target but it is also extremely essential to identify an individual’s capabilities before assigning him a sales task. Look for the following qualities before you give a green signal in the hiring process because you are literally hiring the future of your company:
- Well-disciplined and organized
- Intelligent and smart
- Enticing personality
- Resilient and empathetic
- Appropriate knowledge of products/services
- Resolute Confidence
- Persistence with politeness
How can you motivate your sales team to perform better?
Even the most capable sales person needs to be given a push every now and then in order to remind them of their goals and to meet the objectives of the company. Boosting the team’s morale and encouraging them to meet their performance areas is a mandatory approach which has to be taken up seriously by the senior executives. Use the following strategies to manage and motivate your sales team to give their best:
- Don’t lead by words, instead lead by example- A sales team looks up to their leader for inspiration. Set an example of how to sell, not only by telling them but by demonstrating it. There is nothing more motivating than a good leader who can roll up his sleeves and show you how to do the job effectively.
- Organize periodic meetings to discuss progress- Following-up with your team at regular intervals allows you to communicate with them for information sharing as well as setting up targets for advancement.
- Introduce bonus based performance incentives- A great way to encourage employees is to appeal them with commissions based on their performances. This approach is a sure shot way to get them to going.
- Appreciate and congratulate on every achievement- Everyone loves to be recognized and this is one of the best ways to motivate them. It could be a simple “well done”, a round of applause or a message at the notice board.
- Build a friendly work atmosphere- Building good work relationships with your employees and co-workers increases productivity as they learn to collaborate better. You can organize a friendly lunch for everyone to make informal conversations and socialize with each other.