“Success is not a destination; it is a journey. A journey covered on the vehicle of contentment!”
Making money is not the only purpose you should work for, in fact finding happiness in what you do is the secret to success and growth. People chase success thinking that it will lead to happiness, but if they would have tried it the other way round, they would have been both, happy and successful. Satisfaction with life has a great impact on relationships and work, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. At one point of time, we all have been guilty of not being happy with what we have and dreaming about things out of our reach, assuming that once we get that we will be happy. You, as a business owner, reflect the amount of happiness that exists throughout your organization; be it your employees or customers, it has a huge impact on the growth and sustainability of your business because happy people make success stories! How can you ensure that you are happy enough to provide a happy atmosphere? Try out these simple things to be happy in your business and to spread happiness wherever you go:
- Have a positive attitude- Focus on the good things you have and should be thankful for rather than wishing for the things you don’t have. Count your blessings every day and don’t forget what you started with. If you have gone a long way in your professional life, you can dream on to make it better but not with a frown! Smile at everyone, it’s contagious.
- Stop the blame game- A business experiences many ups and downs and it was never meant to be a smooth ride but that certainly does not mean that you have to blame others, complain or whine about it. It surely does not help. Instead, try to consider the problem causing elements and fixing it up to prevent it from happening again. Focusing on your setbacks instead of looking forward can only make you feel depressed.
- Always remember why you are here- It’s your business, you started it for a purpose, maybe it was your passion, don’t ever forget your goals and dreams. They are a huge motivation to push you through this ordeal by reminding you that you wanted this. Your happiness was always in your dream, live that dream by being happy to be where you are now.
- Spend time wisely- Staying occupied is a good sign of time well-spent but not at the stake of giving up your me-time or family time. Businesses flourish when you can make the right decisions with a refreshed mind and for that you need to have fun and stay social. After all, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy! Make your workplace fun by incorporating games in lunch breaks to make it a happy place and this will definitely translate into productivity gains for your business.
- Trust yourself- To err is human; the fear of drowning should not stop you from taking a leap in the water. We all come across various challenges in our professional lives and businesses tend to get affected but it should not stop you from taking chances. Trust yourself and accept your mistakes, they will teach you a great deal and then, let it go. Holding on to the past will never let you focus on the present.
Today is never coming back and all you have is NOW. Bringing about these positive changes in your lifestyle and personality and you will agree that happy people tend to work efficiently and make decisions wisely which in turn makes your business agile and promotes growth.